Signup to be an insider and play with the best exclusive casino promotions.
How We Rate the Best Live Blackjack Sites
Here at Top10Casinos New Zealand we leave no stone unturned when we review and rate the top-rated live blackjack casino sites. Our industry experts thoroughly explore all areas of the casino operator, including the licensing certifications, the choice of payments, the range of games, security, customer support, mobile functionality, no deposit free chips and free spins bonuses for slots, and more.
- Licensing and Regulation - Online casinos are regulated and fully certified by a reputable governing body.
- Security and Safety - All casinos must have rock-solid security technology and SSL encryption to ensure complete protection.
- Payment Methods - The top gaming sites offer a convenient choice of trusty and safe payment options.
- Customer Support - No casino is complete without around-the-clock customer support that is easily reached through live chat and email.
- Mobile Experience - The best casinos are fully optimised to perform on all iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Bonuses and Promotions - We have tried and tested all the top 2023 NZ casino sites so you can just check out the reviews below and see which New Zealand live dealer casino is best suited to your needs.
- Games - The variety of casino games is the backbone of any gaming hub, with slots, tables, and live dealer games all available.
Advantages of Playing Live Dealer Blackjack
Enjoying some real money gambling on live dealer blackjack games offers some excellent benefits. Here are the positives you can enjoy when playing.
- Authentic Experience - Live dealer blackjack gives you a true-to-life casino experience, with social interaction through live chat and real dealers serving up the cards
- Safe and Fair - The games do not use random number generators, everything is real and played out in real-time, so fair play is guaranteed.
- Big Table Limits - The table betting limits are suitable for all budgets, with exclusive VIP tables available for high rollers.
- Pick Your Table - You can pick from many different tables, with different dealers coordinating the gameplay.
Disadvantages of Live Dealer Blackjack
There are also some drawbacks to be aware of when playing at even the top online live dealer blackjack sites. Here are some disadvantages you could experience with live dealer games.
- Slower Pace - The game is played with other NZ players so you have to wait for bets to be placed which can slow the pace down.
- Limited Seating - There are only seven seats per table so some live dealer tables may be fully occupied.
- High Betting Limits - The live dealer tables have higher betting limits per round so the game may not be suitable for low budgets.
How Does Live Casino Blackjack Work?
Live dealer blackjack is played in a real casino studio, where state-of-the-art broadcasting technology streams all the action in real-time. The games use highly proficient dealers to serve up the cards. The games are played in crisp high definition with intuitive controls and multiple camera angles to pick from. These live casino titles create a real casino ambience that heightens the thrill, offering you a real betting experience from your screen.
Live Dealer Casino Software Features
The live dealer games provide a sophisticated and exclusive betting experience. The games use industry-best technology to ensure smooth gameplay. The games have extra features that further enhance the enjoyment of the game.
- Settings - The live blackjack games allow you to customer settings, including audio, full screen, re-bet option, and more.
- Table Limits - The bet limits can be toggled to suit your preference within the game, so you can alter bets between hands.
- Game Rules - The live games feature a dedicated information page where you can read up on the rules of the game and even check out some tips.
- Chat Feature - The game also features a chat window where you can communicate with dealers and other players, or simply read the communications happening in real-time.
- Camera Angles - You can set the game to your preferred camera angle, which includes a full view of the table, a close-up of the cards, and more.
How to Play Live Casino Blackjack Online
Blackjack is a very simple game and has the player go up against the dealer. The aim of the game is to get 21 or closer to 21 than the dealer. The game is played with between one and eight decks of cards. The dealer serves two cards to each player and two cards to themselves, with one card showing face up. The players decide if they want to 'hit' for another card, or 'stick' with the cards they have. The dealer must hit on 16 and stick on 17. The game also features some extra side bets and extras, such as insurance, double down, and split cards. When you're ready to play the game yourself, just follow the steps below.
- Pick your preferred online casino and sign up
- Make a deposit and claim your bonus
- Head to the live dealer lobby and pick a blackjack table
- Take your virtual seat and place your first bet
- Look at your cards, and 'hit' or 'stick'
- If the dealer's card value is lower than yours, you win the hand.
- Your real money balance will increase every time you win.
Where are Live Blackjack Studios Located?
The live casino studios are dressed just like a real brick-and-mortar casino with professional dealers working the tables. These studios are located in various places around the world, including the Philippines, Latvia, the UK, and many other players.
Live Blackjack Table Limits
The live dealer lobby is packed with blackjack tables offering table limits to suit casual budgets and high roller budgets. The table limits start around $1 and can go up to $10,000 for VIP tables. The table limit can be set to your preference within the game too.
Can you chat to Live blackjack dealers?
The live games feature in-game chat functionality that allows you to interact with the dealers and other players at the table. This is an optional feature that can be shut off, or you can monitor the chat to see what's going on during the hands. The dealers are well-trained in monitoring and responding to chat questions and comments, giving the game a level of social interaction.
What are the table capacities for live blackjack?
The live tables do have capacities that will depend on the game. Usually, the max number of players on a table is seven, but there will be many different tables to pick from. You can find live tables that offer a more intimate setting with fewer seats and some with more than the conventional number of seats.
How busy are live casino blackjack tables?
The busiest of the live blackjack tables will usually depend on the time of day. The best live dealer casinos will display the number of players on the tables so you can see how busy the game is before entering. The most popular blackjack games have multiple tables to satisfy the demand for bets.
Comparison Between Land, Online, and Live Blackjack Games
Playing casino games can be enjoyed in various forms in 2023, from the bustle of a land-based casino like SkyCity Auckland or Dunedin Casino, to the comfort and convenience of top-rated online casinos. In a land-based casino, you can socialise with other players and make a social occasion out of it. You can enjoy a higher level of thrill, bounce around tables, and pick from many table limits. On the other side of things, you can play online where you can enjoy some privacy, claim no deposit bonuses and other promotions to boost your balance, and enjoy the games from the comfort of your sofa.
The best way to enjoy casino games is online. This is because you have more control over your playing budget, you can enjoy more extras, you don't have to wait to enter games, and you can stop at any time, without effort.
Best Live Casino Online Blackjack Games To Play
There are lots of exciting ranked best live dealer blackjack casino tables to enter. These games offer different betting environments, table limits, side bets, and extras. Check out some of the most popular versions below.
Classic Blackjack (American)
This is the traditional version of the game with the basic rules. The cards are dealt and bets are placed, whoever gets to 21 or the closest to 21 will win the hand. In some versions of the game, players can play multiple hands at once.
In European Blackjack, the dealer gets one card and after players make their bets the dealer receives the second card. The game uses between two and eight decks of cards with the standard side bets in play.
Face Up 21
In Face Up 21, the dealer's cards are dealt face up. This version of the game is also known as double-exposure blackjack because it exposes the dealer's hand. The rules of the game are the same as usual, with standard side bets available. In this game, you are in a better position to make your wagers against the dealer.
VIP is the same as classic blackjack but it's catered to those with huge bankrolls. The live dealer game is played in a more luxurious environment with a classy dealer and massive bet limits. In these games, there are high table limits and you can wager thousands on a single hand.
Party has a fun party theme that has an enthusiastic host and a dealer coordinating the gameplay. The rules are the same as classic blackjack but there is a behind-bet option for those who want to join the fun. The game also includes the Perfect Pair and the 21+3 side bet option.
Common Draw offers a unique take on the game that uses six decks of cards. In this low-stakes game, all players are dealt the same set of cards, which means gameplay is faster. There are no separate hands and players do not need to wait for seated players to make their bets.
Bet Behind allows players to tail other players on the table. The bet behind players are not playing their own hands, they are teaming up with another player on the table. This allows more players to enter the game and adds a unique twist to the traditional gameplay.
This game has an extra side bet that allows you to place a bet to cover the chance that the first two cards served are a pair. There are three types of pairs you can wager on, including mixed pair, where the cards are the same number or face value, coloured pair, where the cards are also the same colour, and perfect pair, where the cards are identical. These bets pay between 5 and 30 times your stake back.
Pre-Decision blackjack is designed to speed up gameplay. The blackjack table allows players to make their initial betting decision as soon as the first player is asked to bet. This means players can play more hands in an hour and annoying wait times are reduced.
Top 10 Most Popular Live Blackjack Variants
- Speed Blackjack - This version of the game keeps the pace moving by allowing the first players to make their decision to play first.
- Quantum - This game also allows an unlimited number of players to join the fun.
- Infinite - As the name suggests, an infinite number of players can take a seat at the table.
- Power - This gamefrom Evolution Gaming removes the nine and ten cards and allows you to double, triple, or quadruple your bet after the first cards are dealt.
- VIP - The VIP game is played in an exclusive casino with larger betting limits for high rollers.
- Free Bet Blackjack - This one offers unlimited seats and adds an automatic free wager on double down and split bets.
- Lightning - One of the most popular live dealer games, this version accepts an infinite number of players to join in the same game.
- Party Blackjack - This party-themed game offers seven seats and a bet-behind option so everyone can join the game.
- Blackjack Azure - Tables have all the regular side bets, and you can split cards two times, which is not available in most games.
- One Blackjack - This title from Pragmatic Play features a wide choice of side bets, including a crazy 7 bet, bust bonus, 21+3 and perfect pairs.
Many top-tier live dealer suppliers develop immersive live dealer content. These respected providers have top-quality streams and highly sophisticated casino studios where the games take place. Here are the top providers in live casino gaming.
Evolution Gaming is the king of live dealer content. This powerhouse has developed some of the most popular live dealer games of all time. Some of the most popular blackjack games from this provider include Free Bet, Party, and Power Blackjack. This software developer has a wide choice of games with betting limits to please all bankrolls and budgets.
Playtech is an industry-leading games provider that has some top live dealer games to its name. These games offer a high-end experience with many regular and VIP tables. The offering is decent with a realistic gaming environment and table limits to suit small and large budgets.
Established in 2008, Visionary iGaming delivers professional, authentic, and engaging live dealer games. Their games are hosted in many casinos across Europe, Asia, and LATAM. The live casino games have classy appearances with simple gameplay.
Extreme Live Gaming
Extreme Live Gaming has been around since 2013 and specialises in creating high-quality live dealer content. The provider brings a lot of experience to the table, with innovative technology and excellent visuals present in the live dealer games.
Pragmatic Play develops both top ranked slots and live games. This industry-leading developer is found on every top casino platform. The quality of games is unrivalled, with professionally dressed casino tables, highly proficient dealers and versatile limits. Some of the top titles include One and Blackjack Azzure.
Ezugi is one of the leading providers of live gaming content. This live dealer provider launched in 2012 and has since grown to 9 studios and over 20 games that are available on top casino sites around the world. The studio boasts multiple versions of online casino roulette, baccarat, and more.
Software Providers Compared - Ezugi Vs Pragmatic Play
Ezugi is a well-established name in live dealer content and puts its full focus on developing live games. The Romanian-based casino studio has since been acquired by Evolution Gaming. The developer is creating better live dealer content with many exciting games to its name. These games offer a sophisticated betting experience and there are tables to suit all bankroll sizes.
Pragmatic Play is one of the biggest names in casino games. Although the software provider made its name with slots, it has built a high-quality array of live games that can rival any live game. These superb games cover all game preferences and cater to casual and VIPs alike. Many of the games offer a twist on the classic titles, elevating the entertainment.
Our verdict is that Pragmatic Play is a superior live dealer supplier. This provider is on an unstoppable run of producing top-quality games that keep your attention. The state-of-the-art studio, new technology and professional dealers mean this provider hits top marks.
Bonuses to Claim in 2023
Many of the best live dealer casinos will offer bonuses and promotions that can be used on live games. There are many bonus types to claim, including reload bonuses and cashback. It's worth noting that the wagering contribution on live games is lower, so be sure to check the terms before commuting to a bonus.
Our Featured Live Dealer Blackjack Casino Bonus
If you're looking to boost your balance right away. You can check out Playamo casino where you can stake your claim in a 100% welcome bonus worth up to $125. This bonus can be used on any type of casino game, including live dealer. However, the wagering contribution for the first deposit bonus is just 5%.
Rules and Terms you Need to Know
If you're new to playing blackjack, there are some rules and terms worth knowing about. Knowing these will make you into a blackjack pro in no time, so check out the terms below.
- Split- You have the option to split the cards into two separate hands when the two cards you are dealt are the same.
- Surrender - Some versions allow you to surrender your hand and get half your bet back.
- Double Down - After the hand is dealt, you have the option to double your wager and draw another card.
- Insurance - This is a side bet that is available when the dealer is showing an Ace. If you take this bet and the dealer hit blackjack, you get a payout of 2:1.
- Push - A push is when the dealer and player have the same hand and the round is tied, with the existing wagers pushed to the next hand.
Payment Methods for Live Blackjack Online in New Zealand
Getting your real money balance funded is a safe and easy process at the best live blackjack casinos. You can pick from several payment options, all of which offer first-class security. Here are the payment options you can find at live dealer casino sites and their associated minimum casino deposit requirements.
Credit and Debit Cards
Credit and debit cards are the most popular choice when it comes to deposits and withdrawals. This trusted payment option requires you to enter your bank details to make a transaction. Deposits are instant but the cash-out times can take up to five working days.
E-wallets - Poli is the Favourite
The eWallet service is another popular payment options thanks to its robust security and swift transaction times. This payment gateway connects your bank with the casino, with an extra layer of protection. Moreover, withdrawal times are fast with payments received on the same day. The most popular eWallets in New Zealand are Poli and Neteller.
Cryptocurrency - Deposit and Withdraw with Bitcoin
Another payment option that many casinos are accepting is cryptocurrency. This digital currency solution is processed on the blockchain, so unbreakable security is guaranteed. Moreover, there is no human intervention needed, so withdrawals are lightning-fast. The most popular crypto options include Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum.
Pre-paid Vouchers - Neosurf
If you're safety conscious about transacting online, you can opt for one of the prepaid voucher card options, such as Neosurf. The form of payment requires you to visit a kiosk and purchase a voucher card, you will then enter the unique transaction number when you make your deposit. However, you cannot make withdrawals through this method.
Play Real Money Games on Your Mobile
You have the option of placing real money blackjack bets directly from your mobile device. These live dealer games have been developed using mobile-friendly technology, so the games are optimised to perform on the small screen. This means you can take the gaming experience wherever you decide to go. The touch controls and HD quality puts the truest casino experience in your pocket.
Live Blackjack Casinos in New Zealand
You can find live dealer games online through many top casino sites. These gaming sites have large live dealer lobbies with many live games to pick from. Moreover, you also can visit a land-based casino and play the game live with a real dealer and other players.
SkyCity casino is the most famous in New Zealand. This prestigious gambling destination boasts a hotel, multiple bars and restaurants, and more. The casino has stacks of games, including multiple blackjack tables.
Christchurch casino is another legendary land-based casino that has over 450 slot machines, and over 30 tables, including some blackjack. The gaming resort has live events, exclusive bars and restaurants.
Dunedin casino has an impressive offering of entertainment, including over 180 slot machines, and over 20 tables. The luxury casino has some of the best bars and restaurants on-site, so you can make a full evening out of it. etc.
Tips To Consider Before Placing Your Bets
Before you hit the live tables, there are some useful tips to know. Here are a few things to be aware of when playing live games.
- Live blackjack has slower gameplay than virtual games
- The table limits on live games are higher than virtual games
- You will need a decent internet connection to play
- Playing on mobile is not as immersive
Ready to Start? Check Out Our Live Blackjack Casino Sites for 2023
Now you're well-versed in the world of live dealer blackjack, it's time to find the perfect casino for you. We have tried and tested all the top NZ casino sites so you can just check out the reviews below and see which 2023 New Zealand casino online is best suited to your needs.
Got any questions? Check out the more asked questions below.
How do I win online casino live blackjack?To give yourself the best chance of winning you should follow the strategy. Moreover, you should set when to cash out and walk away with your profits.
What online bonuses are there for live blackjack?You can take advantage of many different bonus offers on the live dealer tables. You can enjoy reload bonuses, match bonuses, special cashback deals, and many more promotions.
Is it safe to play live dealer casino blackjack online?Yes, the online casinos are backed by the most prestigious licensing certifications and hardened encryption technology, so you can enjoy with complete peace of mind.
Can I count cards when playing live casino blackjack?Yes, you can count cards when playing. However, the games often shuffle the cards after every hand, which makes it difficult to count cards.
Can I play blackjack for free?Yes, you can play games for free, but you cannot play live dealer blackjack for free. This is because the game is real, and played in a casino, so you need to play with your real money balance.
Are the odds the same as the regular blackjack games at online casinos?Yes, the live dealer version of the game is just the same as the virtual version, so all the odds are the same.
Can I play blackjack games on my mobile?Yes, live blackjack games are available to play on your iOS or Android mobile device, so you can hit the tables whether you're on the move or relaxing at home.
Are there any blackjack strategies I can apply to increase my odds of winning?Yes, the basic strategy is proven to improve your odds of winning. This strategy tells you when you should hit or stick, based on what cards you and the dealer hold.
How do I know the games aren't rigged?The games take place in a real casino with all the action streamed in real-time, so you can view everything as it happens.
What is the house edge for blackjack?The house edge for most games is around 2%, but this can be reduced to just 0.5% when you play the strategy.